Welcome to the Blue Mountains Nepean Dance Festival.
The Blue Mountains Nepean Dance Festival each year invites public primary and high schools in the Blue Mountains and Nepean River districts to submit dance items for inclusion in the festival. The anticipated outcomes of the festival include:
- providing quality learning experiences for students in the performing arts
- promoting dance as a performing art within the schools in our district
- providing the opportunity for students to perform publicly at a professional local venue
- involving parents and the local community in supporting students, teachers and schools in the many facets of production
- providing parents and the local community with the opportunity to view and appreciate dance items from local public school students
Since its beginning in 1991 with ten schools and being staged at a local high school, the festival has established itself as a popular annual event in the Penrith performing arts calendar.
Over the thirty years of the festival’s staging, thousands of our local students have experienced the delight of performing.
The Blue Mountains Nepean Dance Festival is staged each year at The Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre.
2020 performances are listed on the calendar
Blue Mountains Nepean Dance Festival Executive Committee
Meegan Parsons Penrith South Public School
Natalie Zordoumis Faulconbridge Public School
Mark Davies Lithgow Public School
Lucia Parkhill Nepean CAPA High School
Talia Carroll Wallacia Public School
Heather Vassiliadis Claremont Meadows Public School
Fostering dance in our local public schools for 30 years