Welcome to the Blue Mountains Nepean Dance Festival.
The Blue Mountains Nepean Dance Festival each year invites public primary and high schools in the Blue Mountains and Nepean River districts to submit dance items for inclusion in the festival. The anticipated outcomes of the festival include:
- providing quality learning experiences for students in the performing arts
- promoting dance as a performing art within the schools in our district
- providing the opportunity for students to perform publicly at an excellent local venue
- involving parents and the local community in supporting students, teachers and schools in the many facets of production
- providing parents and the local community with the opportunity to view and appreciate dance items from local public school students
Since its beginning in 1991 with 10 schools and being staged at a local high school, the festival has established itself as a popular annual event in the Penrith performing arts calendar.
Over the more than twenty years of the festival’s staging thousands of our local students have experienced the delight of performing.
Many of those young students have returned to the festival as dance teachers and parents.
In 2016, 3000 students from 53 schools performed in 130 dances throughout the duration of the festival.
The Blue Mountains Nepean Dance Festival is staged each year at The Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre.
2017 performances are:
Evenings- Thursday 31st August Monday 4th September Tuesday 5th September Wednesday 6th September Thursday 7th September Friday 8th September
Matinees- Thursday 31st August Monday 4th September Tuesday 5th September
Blue Mountains Nepean Dance Festival Executive Committee
Meegan Parsons Penrith South Public School
Natalie Zordoumis Faulconbridge Public School
Mark Davies Oran Park Public School
Lucia Parkhill Nepean CAPA High School
Talia Carroll Wallacia Public School
Kerren Michniewicz Marilyn Wilson Graham Wilson
Fostering dance in our local public schools for 27 years